Enugu State Women Association (ESWA) formally known as Anene Women Association was formed 27 years
ago by six women namely Ms Chidi Ugbene, Mrs Ebele Amadi, Mrs Obiajulu Ejiofor, Ms Uzo
Nwokolo, Mrs Maryann Chukwuenyem and last but not the least Our late sister Mrs Awele Udeh.
Since its inception in 1987 ESWA, UK has been supporting four charities in Enugu State, Nigeria namely:
- The Motherless -Babies Home Ogbete Enugu,
- The Old People Home Achara Layout Enugu,
- The Cheshire Home for disabled Uwani Enugu,
- The Oji River Leper Colony, Oji.
ESWA UK - OCHIORAS
Notable among members of the association is a vital group of women collectively known as the 'Ochioras'.
The Ochioras perform very important roles, especially:
- The duty to oversee the smooth and amicable running of all aspects of the association through persuasion, tact and diplomacy.
- To mediate and settle disputes and to calm down volatile and disruptive behaviour during the meetings, without fear or favour.
- To ensure that the association biannual elections for officers are conducted in a transparent and orderly manner.
- To be good role models, to the best of their ability